Human Resource Executive®’s HR Executive of the Year award recognizes leaders who have made outstanding contributions to their organizations and who exemplify HR’s increasingly strategic role in business today.
For more than 30 years, this competition has honored HR executives, from a wide array of companies, who have helped shape work and business for millions of employees across the globe. In 2022, as dramatic change continues at workplaces everywhere, it’s even more important to point out those who are innovating and reinventing HR for the good of the industry.
Learn more about 2022’s HR Executive of the Year and HR Honor Roll inductees:
To qualify for HR Executive of the Year and HR Honor Roll, executives must have:
- Overall responsibility for the full span of HR policies and practices, including compensation, in their organization;
- At least five years of experience in the field;
- At least three years in the role as the senior HR executive of their current organization; and
- A supporting letter of recommendation from the organization’s CEO.
- All of the above are required for candidates to qualify for consideration.
Note: HRE recommends that the nomination be prepared and submitted by an individual from the nominee’s organization.
Read about previous winners:
2021: Kathleen Hogan, Microsoft
2020: Ellyn Shook, Accenture
2019: David Rodriguez, Marriott
2018: Diane Gherson, IBM
2017: Lisa Buckingham, Lincoln Financial Group
2016: Barry Melnkovic, Amtrak
2015: Tracy Keogh, Hewlett-Packard Co.