Date & Time: Wednesday, November 08, 2023 at 02:00 pm ET
Emily Killham, Senior Director, Research & Insights, Perceptyx
The Surgeon General’s recent advisory called attention to the critical importance of social connection for individual and community well-being, as well as the negative consequences when connection is lacking. Understanding that this absence of connection – more commonly expressed as loneliness – contributes to negative outcomes for our physical and emotional health, the Perceptyx Research & Insights team wanted to understand more specifically: What role does loneliness play in the health of our workplaces?
In the 2023 update to our annual series on the key factors driving today’s employee experience, we’re revisiting 4 key workplace personas — The Energized, The Contented, The Disconnected, and The Neglected — examining how their numbers have changed, and diving deeper to reveal:
– How is the rise of loneliness in our personal lives manifesting in our workplaces?
– What key characteristics of a healthy workplace are most effective at preventing and combatting loneliness?
– How does the relationship with our direct manager affect our sense of connection and belonging at work?
– What about the impact of remote versus in-person environments? (Can we still feel lonely even when working in close proximity to others?)
– Tips for how leaders can recognize at-risk employees, and respond with actions that help them successfully connect, wherever they sit.
Webinar registrants will automatically receive a complimentary copy of the full Perceptyx research report, also launching on November 8th.