Form I-9 & E-Verify For Dummies
Why is it that HR professionals often consider the Form I-9 to be the most dreaded, complicated two-page form in America? Perhaps it has to do with the Form I-9’s intricate array of rules, competing objectives and unforgiving timelines. Or, it may be that over recent months, employers across the country have seen the dawning of a new era of worksite enforcement – with Form I-9 audits from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) spreading like wildfire and heavy fines and penalties for noncompliance reaching into the thousands or even millions.
In order to address the numerous Form I-9 nuances, face the quickly changing tide of enforcement, and help employers get compliant and efficient with their I-9 process, LawLogix has written the book “Form I-9 & E-Verify For Dummies, LawLogix Special Edition”.
The release of the book could not have come at a better time as it provides human resources practitioners with a much-needed guide to making this vital topic easier to understand.
Authored by John Fay, immigration attorney and compliance expert at LawLogix and Steve Kaelble, author and corporate communications specialist, the book addresses topics such as:
- Completing sections one and two of the Form I-9 for new hires
- Examining identity and employment authorization documents
- Unique rules and procedures associated with the E-Verify process
- Reverifying, updating and retaining I-9s
- Completing I-9s for remote employees
- Preparing for an audit and correcting I-9s
- Utilizing electronic Form I-9 and E-Verify solutions
- Ten important factors related to Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance
Human resources professionals can access their complimentary copy of the book by downloading it here: Form I-9 & E-Verify For Dummies.
In addition to the book, LawLogix has produced a number of other valuable resources for HR professionals as they navigate the ins-and-outs of Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance:
- I-9 Palooza at CommunityLIVE is the only conference in the world dedicated to the Form I-9 and E-Verify. Human Resources professionals and Corporate Compliance Managers will find educational and best practice sessions on managing new hires while remaining compliant with the latest state and federal guidelines.
- This brief, yet information-packed video will address exactly how employers should complete the Form I-9, and review legal requirements and guidelines related to the Form I-9 and E-Verify, real-life Form I-9 scenarios, Form I-9 compliance, and much more.
- Hear from compliance experts as they discuss what employers need to know related to Form I-9 & E-Verify compliance in 2019, including industry updates and the perfect storm of immigration enforcement, the revised “penalty matrix”, E-Verify update, essential strategies for “cleaning house,” Form I-9 sample policies and procedures document and more.