How ArcBest is Building Up its New Generation of Business Leaders
When your employees go the extra mile, customers notice—with many of its managers nearing retirement age, ArcBest wanted its new generation of business leaders to carry its values-driven culture into the 21st century.
The company knew that it would soon need new operational leaders across its more than 250 locations. To help build a strong bench of future leadership talent, ArcBest placed a strong focus on performance management, succession management, and leadership development and they wanted to look at more than just the skills required to succeed in a role. They knew that it was equally important to understand the specific competencies and behaviors that made their existing leaders top performers in their jobs (role-specific competencies). The results ArcBest saw were transformative for their organization.
Join the webcast to learn how to:
- Use role-specific competencies, rather than generic performance review documents, to support field managers
- Help employees understand the skills needed to move from an individual contributor role to a leadership role
- Reveal the current and future requirements for roles across your business
- Support performance reviews and deliver more targeted coaching to frontline sales employees
- Set consistent, high-quality standards for coaching, which include level-setting conversations with managers about career growth